My name is Elle Conger and I am the proud principal of Colfax Elementary. I’m thrilled to invite you to learn more about the educational opportunities that Colfax Elementary has to offer. Located in the West Colfax neighborhood of Denver. Colfax Elementary is a small, safe school with a rigorous academic program and focus on nurturing our students character. Here are some of the highlights that make us stand-out:
- A strong focus on our school’s Core Values of community, curiosity, perseverance, positivity and responsibility. You’ll see students and educators talking about and striving to live these values at Colfax every day.
- One of the most diverse schools in Denver, students at Colfax reflect the world we live in.
- A Neighborhood Center with extensive after-school programming including dance, soccer, chess, volleyball, bowling, tutoring, and computer programming
- Daily arts instruction in physical education/dance, visual arts and music.
- A robust family engagement program, including frequent Family Nights, trips to Skate City and other recreational centers, Coffee with the Principal events, and opportunities to work alongside your student in his/her classroom.
- A half-day, three-year-old program and full-day, four-year-old program for our youngest Tigers!
- New for the 2015-2016 school year: weekly enrichment blocks in which students explore music and drama in a club-like setting.
Choosing the right elementary school for your child is an important decision. Thank you for considering Colfax! We would like to invite you to visit Colfax to see what we are all about and what we can offer you and your child. Please email me at Eleanor_Conger-Milnes@dpsk12.org to learn more about our school or to set up a time to visit. We look forward to meeting you!
Elle Conger, Principal