Dear Colfax Families,
We hope you have you a wonderful winter break! May it be filled with love, rest and happiness! We look forward to seeing everyone back on Monday, December 8th. Below is a message from our physical education teacher, Joseph Chellemi on how to stay active during the break.
Winter break is soon approaching us. This is a time shared with family and friends whom enjoy delicious food and tasty treats. The Colfax Physical Education Program would like to recommend some fun activities for you and your family to participate in order keep your bodies moving during the holiday season. Here are some inexpensive activities to enjoy during the break:
1) Walking around the different neighborhoods and observing the holiday lights
2) Ice skating at The Rink at Belmar or Downtown Denver Rink at Skyline Park
3) Check out the European village at the Christkindl Market
4) Ride bikes through one of the many decorated parks in Denver
5) Go for a walk downtown during the evening and check out all the wonderfully lit buildings including Union Station/City/County buildings
6) Take a bike ride along the Cherry Creek Trail
7) Turn off all electronics and build forts and obstacle courses inside the house
8) Play a family sports game outside with your friends and/or family (soccer, football, basketball, etc.)
I hope some of these activities will suit you and your family to stay active during this winter break. Don’t forget to bundle up and stay warm. ENJOY your time as a family!!!
Physical Education Teacher