Dear Colfax Families,
As you know parent teacher conferences have been taking place this week. Twice a year, Colfax holds official parent/teacher conferences. These conferences play a critical role in establishing a good relationship with your child’s teacher. Careful preparation for this conference can help you get more out of it, as well as enable your child’s teacher to better understand how he or she can help your child succeed in school.
1. Before the Conference Talk to your child about how he or she feels about school, teachers and academic progress. Questions can include:
- What do you like about school?
- What challenges are you having?
- What are your favorite subjects?
- Is there anything you would like me to ask or tell your teacher?
Review your child’s recent work and ask yourself:
- Do I have specific concerns about his or her academic progress?
- What is his or reading level? Math Level?
- Do I have questions about the curriculum?
- Do I understand how my child is assessed in class?
- How does my child participate in class discussions and activities?
- What are my child’s best and worst subjects? How can he or she improve in areas that need work?
- What are the standards for my child’s grade level? Can you show me an example of work that reflects the highest standard?
- How does my child interact with other children and adults?
- How much help should I provide on homework assignments?
- What is your homework policy, including late and makeup work?
- How can I help at home? (Get strategies from teacher)
- How can I best communicate with you?
- Tell your child how the parent/teacher conference went.
- Praise your child’s strengths.
- Talk with your child about how to address areas for improvement.
- Ask your child how you can continue to help him or her succeed in school.
Please know that you can request a conference with your child’s teacher at any point in the school year. The home-school connection is vital to student success! Thank you for partnering with us to ensure we are building a strong foundation for your child’s life!
Oct. 31st – Trick or Treat Street – On October 31st, all Colfax students will go home after dismissal (unless they are in an after school program at Colfax) and return to Colfax, with a parent, at 3:30pm-4:30 to enjoy our Trick or Treat event.
Last year, we received many generous candy donations that helped us provide our students with candy during our event. If you are interested in donating candy to help support us, please bring the candy into our main office and we will use it during our event.
Nov. 1st – Picture Retakes
Nov. 3rd – No School
Nov. 10th– Thanksgiving Day Lunch- If you would like to have lunch with your child, the cost is $5.00 with or without milk for adults and $3.00 for children not attending Colfax. Tickets are available in the office. Tickets are available until Nov. 2nd
Friday Morning Meeting
Every Friday we celebrate our students in morning meeting in the gym from 8:15-8:30. Parents we love it when you join us!
Coffee with the Principals Fridays from 8:30-9:00
Right after morning meetings please join us in the Family Nook, in front of the office, for a cup of coffee and to chat.
31 de octubre – Evento de Halloween enColfax
El día 31 de octubre, todos los estudiantes se irán a casa (solo los que tienen programa después de escuela podrán quedarse) y regresaran a Colfax con un padre de familia a las 3:30 – 4:30 para disfrutar del evento de Halloween donde pasaremos dulces.
El año pasado, recibimos muchas donaciones muy generosas que ayudaron a proveer dulces para nuestro estudiantes en este evento. Si está interesado en donar dulces a la escuela, por favor traiga los dulces a la oficina de la escuela para donarlos el día del evento
1 de noviembre- Retomas de fotos
3 de noviembre- No hay clases
10 de noviembre- ALMUERZO DE ACCIÓN DE GRACIAS- El costo del almuerzo para adultos será $5.00 (sin o con leche) y $3.00 por el almuerzo de los niños que no asisten a Colfax. Los boletos están disponibles en la oficina hasta el 2 de noviembre.
Junta del Viernes Todos los viernes en gimnasio. De 8:15-8:30, celebramos los logros de nuestros estudiantes! Padres, por foavor acompáñenos!
Café con las Directoras
Despues de las juntas
de viernes, de 8:30-9:00, enfrente de la oficina, por favor acompáñenos a tomar una taza de café y