March 11 & 12 – 3rd , 4th, and 5th grade writing
March 12 & 13 – 4th and 5th grade reading/writing
March 18 & 19 – 3rd , 4th, and 5th grade math
Ways to prepare for the test
- Make sure your children have eaten well on test days. Studies suggest that good nutrition is related to improved attention and concentration.
-Help your children by encouraging a good night’s rest before exams. Children who are tired will have difficulty focusing on their work.
- Make the morning of test days pleasant. Stress will impair your children’s ability to perform their best.
- Remind your children to dress comfortably, perhaps in layers, so that they are able to adjust to the temperature in the room.
- Ensure that your children make it to school on-time so that they do not miss any instructions and are allowed ample time to settle in and relax before the test begins.
- Don’t schedule dental or doctor appointments for testing days.
- Don’t be too anxious about your children’s test scores. Although it is important to let them know that the tests should be taken seriously, it is also important not to increase test-taking anxiety.
- Don’t underestimate your influence on your children. Taking an interest in what they are doing at school and helping them prepare for tests, will certainly have a positive impact on them.